Friday, January 1, 2010

Ryan McGee My NASCAR highlights of the '00s

I know that I am lucky to do what I do for a living. I try not to take it for granted, but sometimes -- make that most of the time -- I get so busy doing what I do that I don't have a chance to pause and appreciate it.

Then we come to the end of a decade. And as I spent the holidays going about the long overdue task of cleaning out briefcases, boxes and desk drawers, the memories -- good and bad -- come spilling out. Literally. I had a lot of crap packed in those drawers -- media guides, press credentials, ear plugs and even a jug of moonshine.

Over the last 10 years I have had the privilege of living out some true race fan fantasy moments. A lot of those I've been able to share with you through TV, radio and print, but not all of them. So, if you would, indulge me and allow me to share with you some of the "I can't believe that is happening" moments I've experienced over the last 10 years.

• Riding in the backseat of a Chevy Silverado crew cab with rain leaking in through a bent door frame, slowly soaking my sweatshirt drop by drop. I didn't care. Why?
Read Ryan McGee's full Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danica takes the wheel in Nascar

NASCAR.COM - Sprint Cup Series Headlines

NASCAR.COM - Nationwide Series Headlines

NASCAR.COM - Camping World Series Headlines

NASCAR - Auto Racing Daily

NASCAR Daily News

Blog Archive